This is probably the easiest tutoral ever. We are going to take a simple and well known gold effect, but because of we will use an artistic, hand-brushed font – Broken Stick (Download it free at dafont.com), this will give the letters a bit of a melting, liquid effect.
So, we will be making this text effect in mere 4 steps.
Make a new canvas – 450*150 px. Fill it with the black colour. The background hue is optional, but this particular tutorial won’t look good on a light background, as the text’s shine will not be visible.
- Type your word inside this black box, using the “Broken Stick” font.
- Go to Layer >> Layer Styles >> Options, and apply these settings:
- Use #eab000 for the Inner Shadow settings.
- Outer Glow is what will give the gold text it’s shine. We used the #febf01 colour but you may want to choose a darker hue to give it less “pimpy” effect.
- Use the “Roling Slope – Descending” gloss contour for shading effect.
- Last but not least – Gradient Effect. This will give the text, what I call – “hot honey” (not ment erotically! 😀 ) effect. The colors are #000000 to #fcb904.
Guess what? That’s it! The image is ready. Lorelei members can download the .PSD file for free.