How I Finally Made $2,168 in One Week On ClickBank – FREE Guide
I heard so many inspiring stories about people making money with ClickBank, some claimed to make a 6 figure income from ClickBank alone, but.. Have you ever REALLY managed to make a decent income from ClickBank? Well, probably, like most of us, mortals, you failed time and again just to realize that unless you invest thousands of dollars in media buying, you can’t even hope to make any income from CB. For 3 years I struggled with CB, never managed to nail more than just a few sales.
I bought some of the tools that promised to boost my income instantly (such as traffic boosters, SEO boosters, and other “programs” that do nothing beside making the developer richer). Guess some things do sell well on ClickBank! 🙂
After 3 years of never ending attempts, I finally discovered the formula that works and instead of writing yet another overpriced e-book and sell in on CB, I decided to share my “secret” here with our readers and I sincerely hope it will help some of you to boost your revenue. I know such a guide would have been helpful for me, if I was to read it a few years ago. This small guide will show you how to start making money without investing in advertising. First let’s view:
The common mistakes that EVERYONE make with ClickBank and you must NOT repeat:
- DO NOT: Go to CB’s marketplace and sort products by highest paying commission, then promote it and wonder why no revenue is flowing in.
Why is this wrong?
- In order to pay a very high commission to YOU, advertiser must price his product very high as well, and it’s not always easy to sell a $100 – $200+ piece of info on the internet. The fact that they promise to pay you $95 per sale means they must collect minimum 120 dollars from each customer… Not everyone will fork out this much money, especially now that crisis kicked in anew.
- Everyone wants the high paying commissions to themselves, so everyone promotes it, which means: a hell of a competition. A lot of advertisers will be able to invest decent sums of money in media buying and you won’t be able to compete with them and with their budget.
- When you come to promote the product, since the competition is enormous, all the spots in Adwords, Facebook and Bidvertiser are already taken, so you have to bid really high in order to even show up in results. All the domains with the product keyword are already taken by those who decided to write a review and put it on a new domain to dominate Google’s ranking.
Another common mistake:
- DO NOT: Promote product with highest gravity.
Although I must say I still can’t 100% confidently answer to the question what “gravity” is in terms of revenue to the affiliate, but I came to realize it has a lot of competition. If a product has big number next to the gravity line, it’s been promoted and purchased through many affiliates, and this brings us again to problems with competition, advertising and promotion.
- DO NOT: Overlook a high paying niche that solves a problem
Although you might think that promoting Forex products where payout per single sale easily reaches $1000, Forex does not really solve a problem. A niche with a big potential is a niche that solves a problem, memorize that. Acne, weight loss, dating sites – all these solve a problem, a big problem and people are willing to pay big money to solve this problem. Think from buyer’s prospective: If you are lonely and hopeless, you will probably pay $20 for a premium membership in the most popular dating site or purchase a small $20 e-book that will “reveal the secret how to get married fast”. You are a lot more likely to pay to solve a problem, than to pay for fun. It’s a lot harder to sell an e-book that teaches you how to draw with pencil, than an ebook that teaches you how to lose weight without a diet. See the difference now?
Bearing this in mind, what do we do?
- We decide on any of the HIGH paying niches that solve a problem. Again, weight loss, acne, dating sites, self-help and, to some degree, “internet marketing” / making money online niches are probably the only subjects that will convert well regardless global crisis, nationality, religion and other aspects.
- Pick a new product. The key here is to be first or at least among the first ones, and avoid the whole competition altogether. Don’t go for a product that everyone has been promoting for years, pick a new one that no one knows about (yet) and build your promotional strategy knowing there are no (or very few) competitors targeting your keywords. It’s best to subscribe to ClickBank’s updates so you will receive the info first (there is no option on the marketplace to sort products by the “newest” so you have to subscribe).
- Don’t promote just any new product in the niche you picked. Since you have no stats yet (gravity, refunds rate, etc), you have to really study their pitch page and see how well it will convert. The best way is to simply visit the page you consider to promote and ask yourself “will I buy this product?“ The page you are going to target has to be visually appealing, rich in graphics, it has to “talk” to the person, and convince him or her that their problem is solvable, and that THIS very product they are looking at will do the trick. You have to really go by touch here so be very critical and go for the page that looks best. If the sales page begins with a boring piece of text, chances are — you are going to lose the buyer before he reaches the “buy now” button.
- Consider a LOW cost product with MAXIMUM % commission. For instance, $100 software that pays 20% commission will give you the same payout as a $27 product with 75% commission, the only difference is that a $27 product is easier to sell. You are a lot more likely to sell 10 x $27 ebooks, than 10 x $100 softwares, and remember — your payout would be the same.
- Disregard upsell / downsell offers. A lot of affiliates say you can earn “up to $90 per sale“.. The “up to” means you will never make $90 per sale, it simply means that if and when you nail a commission of, for example, $45, the vendor will them spam the buyer to death with other offers that have a tiny chance of being sold again and maybe you will earn additional $45 for the upsell. That is if the buyer will be happy with the upsell product and won’t decide to get a full refund altogether because he realized that the first product was just meant to put the buyer through a funnel of future sales. The bottom line is, your commission will only be the “initial sale” and this is pretty much all you can bargain for.
- Go for relatively low payouts. A $90 commission per sale sounds a lot more tempting than a $20 commission (I mean, all these efforts just for measly 20 bucks???) but again — bear in mind that cheap products are easier to sell if they are well presented and have a great pitch page. I’d save myself the hassle and go with products that cost under $30, where vendors are ready to pay a generous 75% commission so I will be left with around $20 per sale. Remember that your greed can leave you with no commissions at all!
Next, promotion for smart people.
Forget about Adwords, you will need to pay minimum $1 per click so a small budget of $100 will melt away before you know it. Also, if you chose a bad-converting product you will be losing your money just on the “learning” process, and it’s crazy.
Let’s assume you picked a product (we will use the Healthy Weight Loss Method for this example), now you have a few options. Either post a banner on your website (which means = minimum potential sales) or review the product. People will be looking for “weight loss solutions” online and people who have already heard of Victoria Flame, will be looking for a review of the product. It doesn’t matter whether the person heard about it before or not, an honest review that highlights the advantages and the disadvantages will catch the visitor’s attention. Posting a review on your blog will yield results only if you have a truly popular, niche targetted website with good traffic and ranking, otherwise don’t waste your time on it.
- Register a domain name that has all or some of the products keywords in it. Be careful with trademarks. If you are on a low budget, you can buy an ultra cheap host that gives you a domain with purchase + Adwords, Facebook and Yahoo credits. I used FatCow.com as they have a limited time promotion now, 65% off, and for my $4 a month I got a free domain, $50 Adwords voucher and $50 Facebook voucher. I also got $25 but since I am outside of US I had no use for it and sold it on digitalpoint forums. It’s definitely worth it as for a few dollars you get a professional package with everything.
- Install WordPress because that is the only platform you will find truly easy to use and maintain.
- Get a beautiful wordpress theme. The trick is to make the site look professional. If you are willing to invest, download a premium theme from ElegantThemes.com (they offer a whole bunch of them for $39, so you get a theme for less than $1!), otherwise just pick a really good looking free theme, don’t leave the default layout on, it looks bad.
- Fill your blog with some related articles from articlesbase.com or any other articles directory. Don’t just copy and paste articles, because you won’t have unique content + you will have to give credits to original authors who promote their own weight loss methods, instead, go to article-rewriter.appspot.com and spin (auto re-write) the articles you have chosen, that way you will get about 60% original content that will pass copyscape and Google will love it, considering it “unique”. It’s not ethical to spin someone else’s content, but hush, they will never know! Backdate the articles to make your blog look a lil` “old”.
- On the front page, post a review about the product you are promoting. It has to be the front page! Write one yourself, or hire someone from public forums to write it for you. It has to highlight a lot of advantages but not blatantly scream “buy it, damn it!”.
- Once you have the website set up, it’s time to bring in some targeted traffic. Only targeted traffic will convert! What I am about to tell you is not a blackhat SEO method, but it’s not completely white either. Perhaps we will call it grey seo. You probably heard about a lot of SEO softwares that spin and submit articles to multiple directories, that post spammy comments on thousands of blogs and create zillions of social profiles in 3 minutes. All these kinds of software cost between $100 to $300+, and you need to spend a few weeks wondering how to use them. Forget about them, you don’t need to purchase anything, all you need to do is head to fiverr.com, create a FREE profile. It’s a place where people are willing to do A LOT for $5. For example, write, spin and submit your article to 200 directories (instant backlinks), post your comment on 6,000 auto-approve blogs and while this is believed not to effect Google ranking, in reality — it does. Let alone Bing and Yahoo are still running on the old algorithms, so if you get 2000 comments on dead blogs and ping them all, Yahoo will index 2000 backlinks and bump you in SERPs. Trust me, I tried it a few times and it works like a charm. So pick keywords (preferably long tail) and fire a few people to do article submission and comment blog posting. The more they promise, the better. Get the maximum off your 5 bucks!
- Now, you have a domain with keywords in it, blog with unique articles and tons of backlinks, all this cost less than $20 and within a few days you should start seeing traffic flowing in. You also have Google and Facebook vouchers you can use on advertising your products, plus you can use your mailing list (if you have one) to promote the product. Now, it’s pretty much just waiting for sales, but I’d not stop there, get fresh backlinks weekly. For $5 weekly you can significantly boost your SERPs and it totally worth the effort.
- Post new articles weekly (re-written), leave the front page intact but with the database growing — you will have more and more influence on Search Engine. No traffic will convert better than traffic from Search Engines (or sponsored search results, but the whole trick is NOT to pay money for it!)
That is it, within 1 week, if you play your cards right, you should see sales. Good luck!!