Nowadays WordPress users have access to powerful e-commerce solutions like WooCommerce. WooCommerce allows you to do just about anything but it’s big. And if you are are new to online selling or just starting out with a new website you probably don’t need that much anyway. All you need is a solution that will allow you to sell your products through PayPal with some payment processing options at the same time. In this post, I will review some of the top WordPress PayPal plugins that are available for free download and can help you accept PayPal payments on your WordPress site.
1. WordPress PayPal
WordPress PayPal plugin allows you to easily create PayPal Buy Now, Add to Cart, Donation or Subscription type buttons. It generates dynamic buttons using shortcodes that enable PayPal checkout on your WordPress site.
Your customers will be able to pay for your products using PayPal or Credit Card. This plugin makes it easy for you to set up your online e-commerce store. You do not need to spend days configuring products and settings. All you need to do is insert a shortcode into one of your web pages and your website will be ready to go live. WP PayPal supports PayPal Sandbox. PayPal Sandbox is a simulation environment which allows you to do test purchases between a test buyer and a seller account. This is to make sure that your store can process PayPal transactions without any issues. It also helps you get prepared before selling to real customers.
- Sell products or services using PayPal
- Create PayPal buttons on the fly in a post/page using shortcodes
- Accept once off payments or recurring payments
- Accept donations from users
- Allow users to add multiple items to the shopping cart and checkout
- View or Manage orders received via PayPal buttons from your WordPrss admin dashboard
- Quick settings configurations
- Enable debug to troubleshoot various issues (e.g. orders not getting updated)
- Accept subscriptions on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- Sell items with different variation options (e.g. size, color, price)
- Switch your store to PayPal sandbox mode for testing
- Compatible with the latest version of WordPress
- Compatible with any WordPress theme
- Sell in any currency supported by PayPal
- Coupon/discount functionality
- Accept recurring payments/subscriptions
- Charge shipping on your products or services
- Charge tax on your products or services
You can create Add to Cart, Buy Now, Subscription or a Donation button with a simple shortcode. Each button accepts a wide range of parameters that PayPal support. This gives users the ultimate freedom of customizing their PayPal buttons. With WordPress PayPal plugin you can charge shipping, tax as well as handling fees for your products. You can also apply automatic discount to your Buy Now buttons.
If you are looking for a PayPal button plugin I will recommend you to use this one.
[su_button url=”https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-paypal/” style=”stroked” icon=”icon: cloud-download” rel=”nofollow”]Download WordPress PayPal[/su_button]
2. Ultra Simple PayPal Shopping Cart
The WP Ultra Simple PayPal Shopping Cart plugin was developed based on the Simple PayPal shopping cart framework. Despite its name, this plugin now looks different in terms of styles and features – which is why it has 6,000+ active installs. Just like the PayPal shopping cart plugin you can create Add to Cart button and place it on your website. There are options for users to select variations with different sizes, colors etc. In addition to normal shipping you can choose to use PayPal profile based shipping.
WordPress Ultra Simple Paypal Shopping Cart allows you to add an ‘Add to Cart’ button on any posts or pages. It also allows you to add/display the shopping cart on any post or page or sidebar easily. The shopping cart shows the user what they currently have in the cart and allows them to remove the items. You can also add a form between the cart validation and the paypal submit if you choose a 3 step process.
WP Ultra simple Paypal Cart Plugin, interfaces with the Paypal sandbox to allow for testing. You need to set up a developer test account for the sandbox at Paypal. Simply put you paypal sandbox merchant email address in the admin panel, and click the ‘test’ radio button. Other new features include, Price Variations, interface text’s personalization, CSS call for the ‘Add to cart button’ and many other improvements, including bug correction too.
Extensive payment options
- PayPal Shopping Cart Accept PayPal Express Checkout.
PayPal Shopping Cart Features
- shortcode : Create “add to cart” button with options if needed (price, shipping, options variations). The cart’s shortcode can be displayed on posts or pages.
- theme’s function : Use function to add dynamic “add to cart” button directly in your theme with dynamic datas.
- configurations : Usefull strings can be customized to give a specific word for your business.
- sandbox : You can use Paypal sandbox to test your integrations before go live.
[su_button url=”https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ultra-simple-paypal-shopping-cart/” style=”stroked” icon=”icon: cloud-download” rel=”nofollow”]Download Ultra Simple PayPal Shopping Cart[/su_button]
3. Easy PayPal Buy Now Button (Lite)
The Easy PayPal Buy Now Button plugin allows you to configure PayPal Buy Now button and accept payments easily in WordPress. It supports multiple languages and currencies. You also have an option to customize the size of the payment button. Currently it has 10,000+ active installs.
This PayPal plugin will allow you to sell products or services on your website using a PayPal Buy Now Button. You can place a PayPal Buy Now button anywhere on your site where you want to sell something. Your customers can use their PayPal account to pay for your products or services or they can pay by Debit or Credit Card. What makes this PayPal plugin powerful is its simplicity. You don’t have to spend days setting up an eCommerce Solution. Just install this PayPal plugin and in just a few minutes customers from around the world can start buying products or services from your website using PayPal.
On the settings page of the plugin you will find clear instructions on how to sign up for a PayPal account if you don’t have one already. This PayPal plugin also provides instructions for how to setup a PayPal Sandbox account – which will allow you to setup a fake PayPal buyer and seller account (with fake money) so you can test everything before you start selling to the public.
This PayPal plugin works with any WordPress theme. WPPlugin is an offical PayPal Partner based in Boulder, Colorado. You can visit WPPlugin’s website at wpplugin.org. Various trademarks held by their respective owners.
PayPal Buy Now Button Features
- PayPal Button Inserter – Just enter your items name, price, etc. and it make the Buy Now button for you
- Works with any WordPress Theme
- Built in support for 18 languages (PayPal currently supports 18 languages)
- Built in support 25 currencies (PayPal currently supports 25 currencies)
- Choose from 4 different PayPal button designs
- PayPal testing through SandBox
- PayPal authorization mode – sale or authorize
- Choose how the PayPal window opens
- Choose a cancel payment url
- Choose a succesful payment url
[su_button url=”https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ecommerce-paypal/” style=”stroked” icon=”icon: cloud-download” rel=”nofollow”]Download Easy PayPal Buy Now Button[/su_button]
4. WP Easy PayPal Payment Accept
The WP Easy PayPal Payment Accept plugin gives you the flexiblity of setting up PayPal Payment button on your WordPress site. You can add multiple shortcodes or widgets to accept payments with a single click.
This plugin works great if you are accepting quick payments via Buy Now button. With minimal configuration it will let you accept payments for products or services. It also supports donation button.
Easy to use WordPress plugin to accept paypal payment for a service or product or donation in one click. Can be used in the sidebar, posts and pages of your site.
- Quick installation and setup.
- Easily take payment for a service from your site via PayPal.
- The ultimate plugin to create PayPal buy now buttons.
- Create the payment buttons on the fly and embed them anywhere on your site using a shortcode.
- Add multiple payment widget for different services or products.
- Ability to configure which currency you want to use to accept the payment.
- You will need to have your own PayPal account (creating a PayPal account is free).
- Integrate PayPal with your WordPress powered site.
- Accept donation on your WordPress site for a cause.
- Allow your users to specify an amount that they wish to pay. Useful when you need to accept variable payment amount.
- Ability to specify a reference value for the payment.
- Ability to specify a payment subject for the payment widget.
- Add PayPal Buy Now buttons anywhere on a WordPress post or a page.
- Ability to set the country code to use a particular language for the PayPal checkout page.
- Create a payment button widget to accept payment in any currency accepted by PayPal.
- Ability to specify a payment subject for each paypal payment widget.
- Ability to specify a custom button image for the payment button.
- Ability to specify a cancel URL for the payment widget.
- Ability to collect tax for the payment (if you need to).
- Ability to open the payment window in a new browser tab or window.
- Create a payment widget to accept any amount from your customer. Users will specify the amount to pay (useful for donations).
- Create text based or image based payment buttons.
- Ability to return the user to a specific page after the payment.
Currently it has 20,000+ active installs which makes it the third popular PayPal plugin in the plugin repository.
[su_button url=”https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-easy-paypal-payment-or-donation-accept-plugin/” style=”stroked” icon=”icon: cloud-download” rel=”nofollow”]Download Easy PayPal Payment Accept[/su_button]
5. PayPal Donations
With 40,000+ active installs, this is one of the best PayPal Donations plugin for WordPress. It was developed specifically for accepting donations from a WordPress site. Just like the Simple PayPal cart you can add a shortcode or widget to create a donation button.
This plugin adds a PayPal donation shortcode and sidebar Widget to WordPress. The options menu lets you setup you PayPal ID and a few other optional settings. You can choose which donation button you want to use or if you want to use your own button. You can also set an optional default purpose and reference which can be overridden on each inserted instance with the shortcode options or in the Widget settings. There is also options available for currency, localization of the button, custom payment page style and the return page.
In the Appearance -> Widgets you’ll find the PayPal Donations widget. After adding it to your sidebar you can enter a title for the Widget, some descriptive text that will appear above the button and specify an optional purpose and reference for the donation button to override the default settings.
Some other notable features of this plugin are:
- Options for accepting donations in different currencies
- Redirect users to a particular page after they donate
- Customize the payment page in your PayPal account
- Raise funds/donations for a particular purpose
- Customize your donation button.
If you are just accepting donations from your site I will recommend you to use this one.
[su_button url=”https://wordpress.org/plugins/paypal-donations/” style=”stroked” icon=”icon: cloud-download” rel=”nofollow”]Download PayPal Donations [/su_button]
6. WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart
WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart allows you to add an ‘Add to Cart’ button for your product on any posts or pages. This simple shopping cart plugin lets you sell products and services directly from your own wordpress site and turns your WP blog into an ecommerce site.
It also allows you to add/display the shopping cart on any post or page or sidebar easily. The shopping cart shows the user what they currently have in the cart and allows them to change quantity or remove the items.
In addition, you can include shipping, tax as well as allow customers to use coupon codes.
- Easily create “add to cart” button with options if needed (price, shipping, options variations). The cart’s shortcode can be displayed on posts or pages.
- Use a function to add dynamic “add to cart” button directly in your theme.
- Minimal number of configuration items to keep the plugin lightweight.
- Sell any kind of tangible products from your site.
- Ability to sell services from your your site.
- Sell any type of media file that you upload to your WordPress site. For example: you can sell ebooks (PDF), music files (MP3), audio files, videos, photos, images etc.
- Your customers will automatically get an email with the media file that they paid for.
- Show a nicely formatted product display box on the fly using a simple shortcode.
- You can use Paypal sandbox to do testing if needed (before you go live).
- Collect special instructions from your customers on the PayPal checkout page.
- The orders menu will show you all the orders that you have received from your site.
- Ability to configure an email that will get sent to your buyers after they purchase your product.
- Ability to configure a sale notification email that gets sent to the site admin when a customer purchase your item(s).
- Ability to configure discount coupons. Offer special discounts on your store/shop.
- You can create coupons and give to your customers. When they use coupons during the checkout they will receive a discount.
- Create discount coupons with an expiry date. The coupon code automatically expires after the date you set.
- Compatible with WordPress Multi-site Installation.
- Ability to specify SKU (item number) for each of your products in the shortcode.
- Ability to customize the add to cart button image and use a custom image for your purchase buttons.
- Track coupons with the order to see which customer used which coupon code.
- Ability to add a compact shopping cart to your site using a shortcode.
- Ability to show shopping cart with product image thumbnails.
- Ability to use a custom checkout page style.
- Ability to open checkout page in a new browser tab/window.
- Works nicely with responsive WordPress themes.
- Can be translated into any language.
[su_button url=”https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-simple-paypal-shopping-cart/” style=”stroked” icon=”icon: cloud-download” rel=”nofollow”]Download WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart [/su_button]