Looking for awesome travel blog post ideas in 2022?
When it comes to writing new blog pieces, I’ve recently been suffering from writer’s block. So I came up with some trip blog post ideas and thought I’d share them with you here!
Hopefully, these travel blog post ideas will also serve as inspiration for your future posts.
These travel blog post ideas are ideal for when you’re stuck at home and don’t know what to write about on your travel blog next!
If you haven’t started your travel blog already, be sure to read my step-by-step tutorial on how to start a travel blog to have everything up and running in under an hour!
Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to start your blog.
I use and highly recommend Dreamhost to set up your blog. They provide web hosting at $3.95 per month, together with a free domain name ($15+ value) and a free blog setup.
50 Travel Blog Post Ideas
- What to do about mobile phone service overseas
- Your favorite travel blogs
- Top 10 Destinations to Visit This Winter
- Favorite travel apps
- Travel guide to your city
- Advice for solo travelers
- Hotels vs. hostels – which is best?
- Your favorite books about travel
- How to Avoid Unexpected Travel Expenses
- How to plan your first cruise
- Tips for booking cheap flights
- Best places to take a road trip
- How to travel as a vegetarian/vegan
- Tips for surviving a road trip
- Tips for booking cheap accommodation
- Your travel bucket list
- Theme park vacation guide (Disney World, etc.)
- Your funniest/most embarrassing travel moments
- The best destinations in ____ for families/couples/college.
- Packing list for a certain destination
- How to plan a round-the-world trip
- Top 10 foods you must try in ____.
- Top 10 day trips from your city
- How to survive a long-haul flight
- Your travel essentials
- Packing list for a round-the-world trip
- Hair/beauty products you pack for travel
- Best travel credit cards
- Top 10 destinations off the beaten path
- Advice for traveling with children
- How to stay healthy while traveling
- Work Abroad Job Ideas
- Should you check your luggage or carry-on?
- Top 10 best beaches in the world
- Destination travel guide – what to do, where to sleep, what to eat.
- How to pack just a hand luggage suitcase?
- Weekend itinerary to a certain destination
- Ways to save money while traveling
- Your best travel hacks/travel secrets
- Top 10 destinations for budget travelers
- Best photo spots in your city
- The best free activities in your city
- How to save money for travel
- Holiday gift guide for travelers
- How to plan a vacation in ____ on a budget
- The best restaurants in your city
- Top 10 Destinations to Visit This Summer
- Top 10 most underrated destinations in the world
- What you have learned from travel
- Travel mistakes to avoid
Have fun blogging. Hope you managed to find at least a few great travel blog post ideas to write about. If you utilize any of these travel blog post ideas on your own blog, please let me know in the comments — I’d love to read them. Now, for those of you who do not have a blog yet, but are just considering getting into the traveling niche – let’s cover the basics of how you can get started.
How do I start a Travel Blog?
Do you want to travel the world?
Start a travel blog to share your adventures with others.
Aside from being entertaining to write about your trips, starting a travel blog could help you earn enough money to support even more exciting adventures.
We’ll walk you through everything you need to know to start a travel blog in this piece.
5 things you’ll need to start a fantastic travel blog
Aside from your fantastic writing and photography, these are the five items you’ll need to start your travel blog.
Web hosting is the engine that will power your travel blog and make it accessible to visitors from all around the world.
Your blog’s permanent address is determined by its domain name. Ours, for example, is toptut.com.
Free WordPress software: we strongly advise you to utilize self-hosted WordPress, which can be found at wordpress.org. This is not the same as WordPress.com.
Travel WordPress theme
After installing WordPress, your theme determines how your travel blog will look.
WordPress plugins allow you to add functionality to your site without having to know any code. You’ll use them to add maps of your travels, travel galleries, and other features.
Once we’ve shown you how to have the essentials in place, we’ll provide some advice on developing content, advertising it, and possibly even making money from your blog.
How to Begin a Travel Blog: A Step-by-Step Guide
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started with a travel blog:
Step 1: Determine your travel market niche.
There are many travel blog niches to choose from, including:
- specific countries or areas,
- travel size products
- targeted audience,
- Luxury Travel,
- traveling with children or pets,
- and more.
Your chances of creating a high-traffic blog rise if you concentrate on a few key areas.
Choose the one that you are most passionate about since you are in it for the long haul!
Step two is to select a domain name.
Your domain name should be straightforward to remember.
When you first start out, you may not be able to use your brand name in the domain. So you should do the next best thing and choose a name that can be built into a brand. Something brief, easy to remember, and possibly a little weird. Keyword-based names are also suitable, but most are already in use.
If you want to keep a more personal tone throughout your blog, you could even use your real name. You can even include a portion of your name in a brand, such as toptut.com.
We have some broad guidelines for selecting a domain name. If you’re truly lost, you might try utilizing a blog name generator to get some suggestions.
Get WordPress hosting and install WordPress.
Your hosting is vital because it ensures that your site loads quickly and remains accessible to your visitors at all times. Other high-quality WordPress hosting options are available, but Dreamhost is a fantastic place to start.
Aside from consistently performing well in our yearly WordPress hosting poll, Dreamhost:
- Is it affordable? Yes!
- It will provide you with a setup wizard that will install WordPress for you.
- It makes it simple to purchase a domain name.
- They have fantastic support if you ever need it.
To get started, you can select the cheapest plan. Then you simply need to complete the quick signup process.
Dreamhost will create your domain name and install WordPress for you after you sign up.
That means you now have a fully operational travel blog!
Install useful travel blog plugins.
WordPress plugins allow you to add new functionality to your travel blog without having to learn any technical jargon. They’re one of the factors that contribute to WordPress’s awesomeness. Plugins are also used on almost every WordPress site.
Here are a few WordPress plugins that are required for all sites, including travel blogs:
- SEO plugins
- Plugins for caching
- Plugins for social share buttons
- Plugins for security
- Contact form plugins for
- Block plugins for Gutenberg
Aside from those must-haves, you’ll also need some travel plugins. While this will vary depending on your specialty area, here are a few suggestions:
Use a photo gallery plugin like NextGEN Gallery to display your travel photos in the gallery.
Some plugins work with Instagram and Facebook Slider plugins, such as Nivo Slider, to display stunning full-width photographs.
Simple Lightbox is a lightbox plugin that lets people see your photos in a lightbox to make their own.
When starting a travel blog, you must have a map plugin to plot locations and routes. It aids in keeping your readers interested in you as you go from one location to another. The Intergeo Maps plugin is free to use (and as a premium plugin). Another great alternative is the Interactive World Maps plugin.
Plugins such as TravelPayouts enable you to add travel booking functionality to your blog. It assists your visitors in finding the best bargains on flights and hotels in various cities while earning you a fee.
Learn how to install WordPress plugins on your site.
Produce and integrate travel-related content
After you’ve laid the groundwork for your travel blog, it’s time to start adding content. Go to Posts -> Add New in your WordPress dashboard to start writing blog posts.
From there, you may insert images with the “Add Media” button and write and format your content with the text editor:
Increase the size of your blog’s audience.
You can increase the traffic to your blog through a variety of sources.
With millions of active users daily, social media can help your content reach the correct audience. By including social media share buttons, you make it simple for readers to share your content. Instagram and Pinterest are great places to promote your blog and should be part of your social media plan.
Aside from that, you should learn about SEO and issues such as keyword research.
Creating an email list is another excellent strategy to expand your long-term audience.
How to Make Money From Your Travel Blog
Once your blog begins to gain traction, here are several options for you to monetize it:
- Google Adsense: This service generates travel-related advertisements for your blog. You earn money when visitors click on the ads that are presented to them.
- Affiliate marketing: You can be affiliated with nearly everything – lodging, insurance, travel equipment, and site hosting. You earn a small commission every time someone clicks on a link that leads to purchasing an affiliate’s product.
- Include a contribution/donation button. Obviously, this will only work if you have a loyal readership.
- Provide tailored advice: offer travel advice for a fee, provide personalized or guided tours of specific locations, or create vacation itineraries. To automate that process, you can use a WordPress appointment plugin or a service scheduler software.
- Sponsored posts: Companies in the travel industry may pay you to write about them on your blog. Just be sure to be open and honest. Use any of the travel blog post ideas as a title topic and write a sponsored post.
- Sponsored trips: Tourism boards, private companies, or brands may request that you visit their locations and write about them.
- Digital guides: To save other tourists’ time, you can sell digital guides on the Air B&B website for the places you’ve visited.
How do you make your blog stand out?
To become a travel blogger, how can you avoid duplicating content while also building your own credibility?
Even if you aren’t a travel blogger, you may use the seven techniques below to make your blog stand out. Simply replace the term “travel” with the word “your niche.”
1. Research the industry
Many travel blogs are poorly written accounts of what someone ate on a Tuesday in Rome.
Anyone can become a travel writer because there are few barriers to entry. Given the number of people who travel, it’s no surprise that thousands of them say to themselves, “I travel, I write—I’m going to be a travel writer!”
But just because you travel and write doesn’t mean you’re good at both… yet.
Outstanding travel blogs are well-designed, don’t have advertorials, and don’t focus on the writer. They also don’t focus on the destination.
Even if you want to be a travel writer, you may be wondering, “How can I compete with all the existing travel blogs?”
Instead, consider this:
“There are many travel blogs, but only a few exceptional ones.” In this industry, “I can compete and win.”
An advantage over your competitors will come from knowing what works, what doesn’t, and what’s missing.
2. Consider travel writing as a service.
It is not about what you did or who you met when you travel. It’s about the place you visit and assisting readers in imagining themselves there.
The typical travel blog follows a formula similar to this one:
“I was going around Rome today.” It’s absolutely lovely here. I ate some wonderful pizza, met some lovely folks, and we headed out to drink. Italy is fantastic! “
Nobody is interested in you. Sure, a tiny section of your readership will always follow your journeys for amusement purposes, but great travel writing is a service.
Nobody wants to be reminded of all the beautiful things they don’t do. Consider the following when writing a travel story:
What makes a location unique?
What cultural distinctions did you notice?
What practical advice can you offer to encourage others to follow in your footsteps?
How can you remove the words “I” and “me” from the story and insert more “you”?
Make an attempt to improve your writing abilities. That’s what keeps people coming back.
3. Share your personal experience.
The majority of travel advice has been shared thousands of times.
It is your one-of-a-kind story that will make you remarkable and set you apart.
Nerd Fitness, for example, is a website dedicated to health and fitness.
It struck a chord with other geeks who wanted to get in shape but were overwhelmed, and Nerd Fitness has now grown to become one of the world’s most popular fitness websites.
And, while it may appear strange to claim “no one cares about you” and “share your story” in the same post, you may utilize your story to connect with your audience.
People will relate to you if you write about your feelings and emotions rather than superficial and hazy explanations. They will recognize themselves in your story since they share the same emotions.
Hope this post gave you enough travel blog ideas and ways to gather travel related content. A travel blog is a great way to capture and share your passion for travel, but it also has the potential to earn money. Decide whether you’ll be blogging for fun or for a living, and then follow these steps to learn how to establish a travel blog. If you came to this post looking for a great topic and travel blog post ideas to start a blog, I hope you found inspiration and will get started right away!